York: Van Driver/Relief HGV Driver
Location: Howarth Timber & Building Supplies Limited, York
With more than 180 years' trading experience, the Howarth Timber Group has grown to provide not only the widest range of products, but expertise, service and knowledge you can rely on. Customers are at the heart of everything we do. With a nationwide network of branches supplying timber and building materials, and a dedicated manufacturing division supplying timber engineering services, the Howarth Timber Group is focused on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value.
We are looking for a flexible person who would like a dual role of Van Driver and Relief HGV Driver within a busy timber and builder’s merchant.
Van Driver/Relief HGV Driver responsibilities:
- Insure all goods are loaded, secured and delivered safely and professionally
- Ensure all required paperwork is competed at point of delivery/collection.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Operate in accordance with training and HTG’s Policies & Procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation, Company Health and Safety policies and procedures and current EU Road Transport Regulations at all times.
- Ensure the delivery vehicle is roadworthy and daily vehicle walk rounds have been completed and recorded.
- Any other duties and responsibilities, express and implied, which arise from the nature and character of the post, as deemed by your line manager.
Requirements and Skills:
- A minimum Class 2 HGV driving licence (ideally clean) with Driver Qualification Card/Driver CPC.
- Zero endorsements preferred; any endorsements must be stated at application stage.
- A minimum 12 months’ HGV driving experience ideally including 90 days tachograph recorded driving in the last 180 days, with current/working Digi/tacho card. • Have a positive approach to Health & Safety.
- Good understanding of Driver Hours & WTD Regulations.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Experience of multidrop deliveries.
- Ideally experienced and hold a current accredited certificate in the safe operation of Lorry Mounted Loaders (including remote).
- Forklift Truck experience beneficial, although training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Knowledge of local area and experience of working within a Builders Merchant would be beneficial.
What We Offer
Howarth Timber is a family-owned company valuing all colleagues, with a desire to provide colleague benefits that are truly valuable and valued by the group. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays
- Employee Referral Scheme: an ability to earn £500 for each successful HGV Driver referral
- Length of service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Online Benefits Hub (inc discounts on gift cards, travel, cinema tickets, to name a few)
- Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line
- Colleague Merchant Branch discount
- Excellent training and development and scope for career progression
How To Apply
Applicants should put their application in writing enclosing their CV to the following:
External applicants: John McGhie, Branch Manager, by email to [email protected]
Closing date: 31st August 2022