York: Trainee Showroom Sales Designer
Location: Howarth Timber & Building Supplies Limited, York
Hours: 30 core hours per week with a requirement to flex up to 42.5 per week to suit the needs of the business
With 180 years’ trading experience, the Howarth Timber Group has grown to provide not only the widest range of products, but expertise, service and knowledge you can rely on. Customers are at the heart of everything we do. With a nationwide network of branches supplying timber and building materials and a dedicated manufacturing division supplying timber engineering services, the Howarth Timber Group is focused on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value.
The Company will guarantee 30 core hours per week – specific hours and days to be negotiated. Please note, as and when required, you will be expected to work additional hours of up to 42.5 per week to suit the needs of the business. This may include some Saturday mornings.
We are looking for a trainee Showroom Sales Designer to join our busy kitchen, bedroom and bathroom showroom in York. You will perform a variety of administrative tasks, including managing phones and e-mails, scheduling appointments and planning meetings. You will also be meeting and greeting customers and offering help and advice to ensure they have a great experience in our branch.
You will be fully trained by the Company on the designing and pricing of customer kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms and the preparation of and checking of quotations, processing sales and purchase orders, whilst ensuring the smooth running of customer projects.
For this position, you should be able to use your organisational skills to manage your office space and your time effectively, as you will collaborate with clients and colleagues in an exciting and constantly evolving industry. You should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ultimately, you will be able to support our Showroom Sales Manager to ensure our day-to-day showroom operations run smoothly.
Training will be provided for the showroom products and design using 2020 Fusion, as well as on all internal systems and customer finance software.
Initial Key Responsibilities
- Answer phone calls, provide information to callers
- Schedule appointments and update calendar
- Monitor design/sales funnel and update
- Written or verbal correspondence to leads provided, with branch information and/or invitations.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Create spreadsheets
- Greet and provide general support to showroom visitors
- Deal with customer complaints or issues calmly and efficiently/effectively
- Monitor schedules and deadlines
- Attend promotional showroom events (some will be out of normal office hours)
- Attend all training, both internal and external, deemed appropriate to the nature of the job role
Required Skills and Attributes
- A flair for interior design and a keen eye for detail
- Understanding of and experience in office operations
- Hands on experience with MS Office, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with people in a sales-based environment
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Full UK driving licence
What we offer
Howarth Timber is a family-owned company valuing all colleagues, with a desire to provide colleague benefits that are truly valuable and valued by the group. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays
- Length of service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line)
- Colleague Merchant Branch discount
How to Apply
Applicants should put their application in writing enclosing their CV to the following:
John McGhie, Branch Manager, by email to [email protected]
Closing date: 30th May 2021