Wakefield: Category Management Administrator
Location: Howarth Timber & Building Supplies Limited - based at Wakefield
With 180 years' trading experience, the Howarth Timber Group has grown to provide not only the widest range of products, but expertise, service and knowledge you can rely on. Customers are at the heart of everything we do. With a nationwide network of branches supplying timber and building materials, kitchens, and a dedicated manufacturing division supplying specialist timber engineering services, the Howarth Timber Group is focused on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value.
Purpose of the role
To provide professional, proactive and efficient administrative and analytical support for the category management team, which allows them the time to focus on delivering their category strategies within the business as efficiently as possible.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be the first line of contact for general phone and email enquiries to the category team from the business and suppliers.
- Support the Category Management team with:
- Producing data and reports using Excel
- Data analysis
- Preparation of reports
- Market research using internal sales and ops teams, suppliers and the internet
- Collation and processing of central orders and allocations
- Ensuring the Product File is accurate
- Ensuring that product information on the HTBS website is accurate.
- Organising meetings and events
- Support for specific projects
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the Commercial, Sales and Operational teams within HTBS and our suppliers.
- To undertake a programme of online training to familiarise with the products we sell.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – F2F, telephone and email.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage time, prioritise, work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Highly proficient in Microsoft 365 – particularly Excel
- Good mathematical skills
- An analytical mindset and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
- Flexible approach to working hours, this role may occasionally require travel and overnight stays
- Full UK Driving licence
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in the Construction Industry with a high level of product knowledge.
- Experience of Product Price File Management
- Experience of Kerridge
What we offer
Howarth Timber is a family-owned company valuing all colleagues, with a desire to provide colleague benefits that are truly valuable and valued by the group. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays
- Length of service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line)
- Colleague Merchant Branch discount
How to Apply
Applicants should put their application in writing enclosing their CV to Alix Whitaker, Building Category Manager, by email to [email protected].
Closing date: 11th of June 2021.